Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs with Creamy Pesto
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise, each half cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 16 pieces
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray, Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Puree basil, water, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in blender or food processor.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons basil mixture to large bowl. Add chicken, bell pepper, zucchini, and onion to bowl and toss to coat.
- Add cream cheese and Parmesan to mixture remaining in blender and puree. Transfer sauce to small bowl.
- Thread chicken and vegetables onto 8 (12-inch) metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring). Place kebabs on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve kebabs with sauce.
4 SmartPoints® Per serving (2 kababs and 2 tablespoons sauce): 219 Cal, 8 g Total Fat, 3 g Sat Fat, 362 mg Sod, 9 g Total Carb, 4 g Sugar, 3 g Fib, 28 g Prot.
If you’re in a hurry place the chicken and vegetables in a grill basket or a grill topper to cook instead of treading them onto skewers.