Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Feta
Serves 4 - Vegetarian
5 SmartPoints® Per serving (2 cups)
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cauliflower florets, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano, plus additional for garnish
- 6 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Chopped fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place cauliflower and onion in prepared pan. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and the pepper and lightly spray with olive oil nonstick spray. Toss to coat and spread vegetables in single layer. Roast until crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in garlic and 2 teaspoons oregano. Spray again with olive oil nonstick spray and roast until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking water.
- Return pasta to same pot. Stir in cauliflower mixture, feta, oil, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and enough reserved cooking water to evenly moisten pasta and vegetables. Divide among 4 plates and sprinkle with addition oregano and fresh mint if using.
If you use a head of cauliflower and cut your own florets, you will need about 6 cups of florets for this recipe.