Strawberry Yogurt with Sugared Pumpkin Seeds
Serves 4 - Gluten Free, Vegetarian
3 SmartPoint® Per serving
- 3 tablespoons raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) bag frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- Spray small baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place pumpkin seeds in small nonstick skillet. Set over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until seeds begin to pop, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds with granulated sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and coats seeds, about 1 minute. Spread seeds on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and set aside to cool.
- Place superfine sugar in food processor; process until very finely ground, 1 minute. Add strawberries and pulse until finely chopped (let thaw slightly to soften, if needed). Add yogurt, lime juice, and tequila, if using, and process until smooth. Divide evenly among 4 bowls, sprinkle evenly with pumpkin seeds, and serve at once.