Tomato and Ricotta Frittata
Serves 2 - Gluten Free, Vegetarian
6 SmartPoint® Per serving
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small (4-ounce) red potato, scrubbed and shredded
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives or chopped fresh basil
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potato and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, salt, and pepper in medium bowl until frothy. Pour eggs over vegetables and reduce heat to medium. Cook, lifting edges frequently with spatula to let uncooked egg flow underneath, until eggs are almost set, 2-3 minutes.
- Dot eggs with ricotta and sprinkle with mozzarella. Place skillet under broiler and broil frittata 5 inches from heat until top is lightly browned about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato and chives and cut into 4 wedges.
To add more veggies to this frittata, throw in a small dices red bell pepper along with the potato and onion in step 2.